Post History

Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Jesus Statue

I sat to unwind as they ran in circles. How was I going to make it thru the rest of this 24 hour increment. Don't touch that please. Don't yell! I yelled. Don't eat that. Pick that up. Don't touch him. Deep breathes everybody for heavens sake. Hey come away from there we don't want to break anything I said as I rolled my eyes and hoped for another couple ounces of sanity before it was times up. What is that? There on the ground? Oh no....... I sighed. It's Jesus' hand. Wow. What am I supposed to feel here. I look over at Tanner and thought to my self, "How did that even happen? How did the focal point of my living room just get broke!" His eyes soften and he responded to my obvious mental crisis, "It's ok Emma, it was an accident". It wasn't the head of the statue or the base of the statue that broke off, it was a single hand. How many children were held by that hand, how many lepers were healed by that hand? This I will never know. But I do know that single hand wiped the blood and sweat from His brow as he saved me from my sins. Embrace this traumatized child and help love him. Please be my hands in this scenario and I will make up the difference. Please, Please, Please said the little white hand. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment